For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Corn and Potato Chowder with Bacon
Rate this Recipe
Hearty and filling from the first bite to the last.
|3 slices bacon|
|1 1/2 cups onion, diced|
|3 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1/2 cup half and half|
|1/2 cup 2% milk|
|1/2 lb. round fingerling potato slices|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|Parsley, for garnish|
- Set a dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from dutch oven and crumble.
- Add onion to drippings in pan; cook and stir until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add corn, garlic and thyme to pan; cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth, half and half, milk, and potatoes. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place about 2 cups of the potato mixture in a blender. Remove the center piece of the blender lid to allow steam to escape. Place blender lid on blender then put a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth, then return blended mixture to pan.
- Stir in salt and black pepper. When ready to serve, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and garnish with thyme sprigs.
|Course:||Dinner, lunch, soup|
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.