For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Cheese Sticks
Rate this Recipe
Two words...Absolutely Delicious!
|1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese|
|1 cup flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper, ground|
|1 cup breadcrumbs, fine and dry|
|1 teaspoon parsley, dried|
|Marinara sauce, for serving|
- Cut cheese crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces, and then lay slices flat and cut in half lengthwise.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat.
- In a second bowl, combine flour and red pepper.
- In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Dip cheese in beaten eggs. Dredge cheese in flour mixture. Dip cheese back in beaten eggs. Roll cheese in breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly so that breadcrumbs stick. Set cheese sticks on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375° F. Fry cheese sticks until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.