For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Cheese Sticks
Rate this Recipe
Two words...Absolutely Delicious!
|1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese|
|1 cup flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper, ground|
|1 cup breadcrumbs, fine and dry|
|1 teaspoon parsley, dried|
|Marinara sauce, for serving|
- Cut cheese crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces, and then lay slices flat and cut in half lengthwise.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat.
- In a second bowl, combine flour and red pepper.
- In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Dip cheese in beaten eggs. Dredge cheese in flour mixture. Dip cheese back in beaten eggs. Roll cheese in breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly so that breadcrumbs stick. Set cheese sticks on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375° F. Fry cheese sticks until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.