For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet Bing Cherry Pie
Rate this Recipe
A pie that is even sweeter due to the Bing cherries.
|1 cup sugar|
|1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, (cut to small pieces)|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|4 cups Bing cherries, (pitted)|
|1 tablespoon orange zest|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 pie crust|
|2 tablespoons orange juice|
|1/4 teaspoon almond extract|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Also prepare pie crust. (According to package directions)
- With cherries in large bowl, combine lemon and orange juices with cornstarch. Once mixed, put in salt, cinnamon and sugar. Add mixture to cherry bowl and toss well. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Add in orange zest and almond extract to cherries. Toss until well mixed.
- Place bottom pie crust in pie pan. Ladle in cherry mixture until evenly dispersed. Place top crust over cherries. Moisten crust and seal edges shut, cutting off excess. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes at 450° F. After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350° F. and bake another 45 minutes. Pie is finished when top if golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2018 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.