For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheesy Baked Penne with Roasted Pepper Sauce
Rate this Recipe
A healthy and delicious dish that's so easy to make.
|1/2 cup Fontina cheese, (shredded)|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper, (roasted)|
|1/2 cup milk, (1% low-fat)|
|1/4 cup panko, (Japanese breadcrumbs)|
|8 oz penne, (whole wheat)|
|1/4 cup Gouda, (smoked, shredded)|
|2 tablespoons margarine, (trans fat-free)|
|1 tablespoon yogurt, (plain, Greek, low-fat)|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper, (freshly ground)|
|2 tablespoons flour|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat the inside of a medium square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill pot with water, bring to a boil. Add penne pasta once boiling. Cook until al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium, melt margarine in a saucepan. After butter has melted, add pepper, butter and salt to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk into saucepan, whisk ingredients together. Cook until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Add cheeses to sauce, whisk until fully melted. Add noodles to pan, stir together.
- Transfer saucepan ingredients to baking dish. Sprinkle panko over the top, and bake for 20 minutes. The top should begin to bubble and brown.
- As penne is baking, prepare sauce. Place greek yogurt and bell pepper in a blender/food processor. Blend until ingredients are smooth. Pour sauce over baked dish and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.