For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Diabetic-Friendly Apple Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 pie
So simple, so sweet and so easy to make!
|1 can unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed|
|2 pre-made pie shells|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|6 cups sliced Fuji apples|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate, cinnamon and cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
- Pour remaining apple juice concentrate in a saucepan. Add apples and simmer for 10 minutes. Once apples are tender, add cornstarch mixture. Continue to simmer and stir until thickened.
- Place 1 pie shell in pie pan. Press in gently.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie shell. Cover with second pie shell, flute edges and cut vents into top.
- Place pie in oven, bake for 45 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.