For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Cider-Glazed Pork Loin
Rate this Recipe
|1 cup sweet apple cider|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1/2 tsp each ground ginger and dry mustard|
|2 medium onions|
|3 lb pork loin roast|
|3 medium-sized tart apples|
|5 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered, optional|
- Pour cider into small pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and rapidly reduce by half. Remove from heat; blend in honey, ginger and mustard.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Peel onions; cut each into 6 wedges. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan; surround with onions. Brush roast generously with about a third of the cider mixture.
- Begin roasting pork, allowing about 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours. While pork cooks, peel, core and quarter apples. After pork has cooked for about 1 hour, add apples (and, if used, sweet potatoes) alongside onions. Brush roast with about half of remaining glaze.
- Brush on remaining glaze during last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking. Pork is safe to eat when a thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 160 degrees.
- Transfer roast to carving board or platter; carve into thin slices. Arrange onions and apples (and sweet potatoes, if used) around meat before serving.
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >
©2018 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.