For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Cider-Glazed Pork Loin
Rate this Recipe
|1 cup sweet apple cider|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1/2 tsp each ground ginger and dry mustard|
|2 medium onions|
|3 lb pork loin roast|
|3 medium-sized tart apples|
|5 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered, optional|
- Pour cider into small pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and rapidly reduce by half. Remove from heat; blend in honey, ginger and mustard.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Peel onions; cut each into 6 wedges. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan; surround with onions. Brush roast generously with about a third of the cider mixture.
- Begin roasting pork, allowing about 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours. While pork cooks, peel, core and quarter apples. After pork has cooked for about 1 hour, add apples (and, if used, sweet potatoes) alongside onions. Brush roast with about half of remaining glaze.
- Brush on remaining glaze during last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking. Pork is safe to eat when a thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 160 degrees.
- Transfer roast to carving board or platter; carve into thin slices. Arrange onions and apples (and sweet potatoes, if used) around meat before serving.
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.