For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Cider-Glazed Pork Loin
Rate this Recipe
|1 cup sweet apple cider|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1/2 tsp each ground ginger and dry mustard|
|2 medium onions|
|3 lb pork loin roast|
|3 medium-sized tart apples|
|5 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered, optional|
- Pour cider into small pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and rapidly reduce by half. Remove from heat; blend in honey, ginger and mustard.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Peel onions; cut each into 6 wedges. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan; surround with onions. Brush roast generously with about a third of the cider mixture.
- Begin roasting pork, allowing about 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours. While pork cooks, peel, core and quarter apples. After pork has cooked for about 1 hour, add apples (and, if used, sweet potatoes) alongside onions. Brush roast with about half of remaining glaze.
- Brush on remaining glaze during last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking. Pork is safe to eat when a thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 160 degrees.
- Transfer roast to carving board or platter; carve into thin slices. Arrange onions and apples (and sweet potatoes, if used) around meat before serving.
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >
©2018 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.