For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Cider-Glazed Pork Loin
Rate this Recipe
|1 cup sweet apple cider|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1/2 tsp each ground ginger and dry mustard|
|2 medium onions|
|3 lb pork loin roast|
|3 medium-sized tart apples|
|5 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered, optional|
- Pour cider into small pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and rapidly reduce by half. Remove from heat; blend in honey, ginger and mustard.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Peel onions; cut each into 6 wedges. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan; surround with onions. Brush roast generously with about a third of the cider mixture.
- Begin roasting pork, allowing about 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours. While pork cooks, peel, core and quarter apples. After pork has cooked for about 1 hour, add apples (and, if used, sweet potatoes) alongside onions. Brush roast with about half of remaining glaze.
- Brush on remaining glaze during last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking. Pork is safe to eat when a thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 160 degrees.
- Transfer roast to carving board or platter; carve into thin slices. Arrange onions and apples (and sweet potatoes, if used) around meat before serving.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2017 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.