For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Butter Glazed Pork Chops with Apple and Bacon Stuffing
Rate this Recipe
|6 pork chops, at least 1-inch thick|
|4 slices bacon, diced|
|1/4 cup chopped celery|
|1/4 cup chopped onion|
|3 apples, peeled, cored, and diced|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 box Stovetop Stuffing for Pork, prepared according to package|
|salt, to taste|
|2 teaspoons chopped parsley|
|Olive Oil Pam Cooking Spray|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a pocket in each of the chops for stuffing.
- Fry diced bacon until crisp, then add celery and onion; cook until tender. Add diced apples, sprinkle with sugar, then cover and cook slowly until tender and glazed. Add stuffing to bacon mixture. Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Stuff mixture into the pockets in chops. Rub outside of chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place stuffed chops on baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees and remove foil. Brush chops with half of the apple butter glaze and bake 10 additional minutes. Turn chops over and brush on remaining glaze and bake another 5 to 10 minutes or until glaze bubbles and stuffing is crisp around the edges.
|3 tablespoons no sugar added apple butter|
|2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Brush on pork or poultry the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.