For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Butter Glazed Pork Chops with Apple and Bacon Stuffing
Rate this Recipe
|6 pork chops, at least 1-inch thick|
|4 slices bacon, diced|
|1/4 cup chopped celery|
|1/4 cup chopped onion|
|3 apples, peeled, cored, and diced|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 box Stovetop Stuffing for Pork, prepared according to package|
|salt, to taste|
|2 teaspoons chopped parsley|
|Olive Oil Pam Cooking Spray|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a pocket in each of the chops for stuffing.
- Fry diced bacon until crisp, then add celery and onion; cook until tender. Add diced apples, sprinkle with sugar, then cover and cook slowly until tender and glazed. Add stuffing to bacon mixture. Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Stuff mixture into the pockets in chops. Rub outside of chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place stuffed chops on baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees and remove foil. Brush chops with half of the apple butter glaze and bake 10 additional minutes. Turn chops over and brush on remaining glaze and bake another 5 to 10 minutes or until glaze bubbles and stuffing is crisp around the edges.
|3 tablespoons no sugar added apple butter|
|2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Brush on pork or poultry the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.