For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 1/2 lb. chuck roast, or stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|2 large sweet yellow onions, cut in half and thinly sliced|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth|
|1 bottle Belgian beer or non-alcoholic beer|
|4 sprigs fresh thyme|
|2 bay leaves|
|4 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
- Pat beef dry with paper towels; season well with steak seasoning.
- Preheat large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add half the butter and heat until hot. Working in batches, brown the meat, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer browned beef to a separate bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining butter to Dutch oven; reduce heat to medium. Add the onions and Montreal Steak seasoning; cook until onions are browned, about 15 minutes. Add flour and stir until onions are evenly coated and flour is lightly browned, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in broth, scraping pan bottom to loosen browned bits. Add beer, thyme, bay leaves, sliced garlic, and reserved browned beef with any of the accumulated juices, and more steak seasoning to taste. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, let cook for 2-3 hours until beef is fork tender.
- Add mustard and brown sugar the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Adjust seasonings, to taste. Discard thyme and bay leaves. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste and serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.