For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 1/2 lb. chuck roast, or stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|2 large sweet yellow onions, cut in half and thinly sliced|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth|
|1 bottle Belgian beer or non-alcoholic beer|
|4 sprigs fresh thyme|
|2 bay leaves|
|4 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
- Pat beef dry with paper towels; season well with steak seasoning.
- Preheat large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add half the butter and heat until hot. Working in batches, brown the meat, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer browned beef to a separate bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining butter to Dutch oven; reduce heat to medium. Add the onions and Montreal Steak seasoning; cook until onions are browned, about 15 minutes. Add flour and stir until onions are evenly coated and flour is lightly browned, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in broth, scraping pan bottom to loosen browned bits. Add beer, thyme, bay leaves, sliced garlic, and reserved browned beef with any of the accumulated juices, and more steak seasoning to taste. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, let cook for 2-3 hours until beef is fork tender.
- Add mustard and brown sugar the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Adjust seasonings, to taste. Discard thyme and bay leaves. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste and serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.