For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 onions, peeled and diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 1/2 lb. lean ground beef|
|2 slices white bread|
|1 cup milk|
|1 tablespoon mild or medium curry powder|
|1 1/2 tablespoons sugar|
|2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon Freshly grated black pepper|
|1 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 1/2 tablespoons malt or cider vinegar|
|1/2 cup seedless raisins|
|2 tablespoons strong chutney|
|3 bay leaves|
|2 large eggs|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in medium saute pan. Stir in onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat until transparent. Add ground beef. Cook until lightly browned and crumbly.
- Pour milk into a bowl. Soak bread in milk and let excess drip back into bowl. Mash bread with a fork. Set milk aside. Add mashed bread to the meat mixture.
- Add curry powder, sugar, salt, pepper, turmeric, vinegar, raisins, chutney to the beef mixture. Spoon the mixture into a greased 9x 13 baking dish, and place bay leaves on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Beat egg with milk and pour over mixture. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until custard is set and lightly browned on top.
- Serve with steamed rice and extra chutney.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.