For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves Yield: Serves 4
|4 chicken breasts, cut in half, to make 8 thin cutlets|
|2 tablespoons Olive oil|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|2 large shallots, finely chopped|
|1 lb Mushrooms of your choice (Baby Bellas, White Button, and Shitake work well)|
|2 tablespoons beef base|
|1 cup Marsala wine|
|1/4 cup Sherry wine|
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped|
|Chopped chives, for garnish|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
- Pat chicken breast cutlets dry with paper towels. Rub them evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat large skillet to medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken cutlets in two batches on each side for 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Using the same skillet, over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and shallots and sauté, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until nicely browned. Add beef base and Marsala and sherry wines and bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring to dissolve the base. Reduce heat to low and add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted. Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chicken cutlets back to the skillet and warm through.
- Serve each person two chicken cutlets with Marsala sauce spooned over the top and Garnish with chopped chives.
- Delicious served over mashed potatoes, pasta, Rice, or zoodles or cauliflower Rice for a Low-carb option.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.