For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken & Grapes with Tarragon White Wine Cream Sauce over Fettuccine
Rate this Recipe
|4 Smart Chicken Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts|
|1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (2 medium or 1 large)|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tsp Festival Gourmet Chicken Seasoning, divided|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water|
|1 cup seedless grapes, sliced in half|
|Kosher salt or sea salt, to taste|
|2 tablespoons Olive oil, for frying|
|Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for topping|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|2 tablespoons butter, for frying|
- To prepare the chicken: Rub chicken breasts evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with Festival Gourmet Chicken Seasoning on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Swirl to coat bottom of pan evenly and when butter bubbles and sizzles, add the seasoned chicken breasts and brown for about 6 minutes on each side until cooked through and chicken is a deep golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- For the Sauce: Using the same skillet you used to sauté the chicken breasts, heat pan back to medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Now add the shallots and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in white wine and stir, scraping up all the nicely browned bits and stir into the wine. Add remaining teaspoon of Festival Gourmet Chicken Seasoning and bring to a boil. Add Heavy Cream and cornstarch slurry and bring back to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened slightly. Add sliced grapes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken breast on a bed of hot cooked buttered fettuccini or egg noodles and spoon the warm sauce over the chicken and noodles and top with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.