For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bacon Jam Burger
Rate this Recipe
|6 burger patties|
|6 hamburger buns|
|6 slices Cambozola or Amablu cheese|
|fresh arugula, for garnish|
|Bacon Jam (recipe below)|
- Prepare Bacon Jam using the recipe below (Bacon Jam can be made ahead of time and refrigerated).
- Grill your burger just the way you like it. If possible, lightly toast the buns.
- Place burger on bun; top with cheese and Arugula. Then top with a delicious portion of Bacon Jam.
- Serve and enjoy.
|1 lb. Our Own Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 large yellow onion, chopped|
|1/3 cup brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup bourbon whiskey|
|1/2 cup brewed coffee|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/3 cup pure maple syrup|
|1/4 cup Sriracha Sauce|
- Cook and stir bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon is lightly browned; drain grease, retaining 1/4 of the drippings.
- Stir onions into bacon and drippings; cook and stir until soft and somewhat translucent. Stir in brown sugar; cook until onions are sticky and browned, about 5 more minutes. Mix in garlic, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Mix in bourbon whiskey, coffee, red wine vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until the bacon jam is thickened not runny, stir occasionally to prevent burning, about 20 minutes. Mix in Sriracha sauce and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool, put in a food processor and pulse until slightly chunky, spreadable consistency. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.