For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bacon Jam Burger
Rate this Recipe
|6 burger patties|
|6 hamburger buns|
|6 slices Cambozola or Amablu cheese|
|fresh arugula, for garnish|
|Bacon Jam (recipe below)|
- Prepare Bacon Jam using the recipe below (Bacon Jam can be made ahead of time and refrigerated).
- Grill your burger just the way you like it. If possible, lightly toast the buns.
- Place burger on bun; top with cheese and Arugula. Then top with a delicious portion of Bacon Jam.
- Serve and enjoy.
|1 lb. Our Own Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 large yellow onion, chopped|
|1/3 cup brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup bourbon whiskey|
|1/2 cup brewed coffee|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/3 cup pure maple syrup|
|1/4 cup Sriracha Sauce|
- Cook and stir bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon is lightly browned; drain grease, retaining 1/4 of the drippings.
- Stir onions into bacon and drippings; cook and stir until soft and somewhat translucent. Stir in brown sugar; cook until onions are sticky and browned, about 5 more minutes. Mix in garlic, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Mix in bourbon whiskey, coffee, red wine vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until the bacon jam is thickened not runny, stir occasionally to prevent burning, about 20 minutes. Mix in Sriracha sauce and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool, put in a food processor and pulse until slightly chunky, spreadable consistency. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.