For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Garlic Butter Walleye
Rate this Recipe
|2 lb. walleye fillets|
|Garlic salt, to taste|
|2 cups flour|
|2 eggs whisked with 2 tablespoons milk, for egg wash|
|2 cups Townhouse or Ritz crackers, crushed into crumbs|
|Canola oil, for frying|
|1/2 cup butter|
|4 teaspoons minced garlic|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Season fish lightly with garlic salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Whisk together eggs and milk in shallow bowl. Put cracker crumbs on a plate.
- Dip the fish first in egg wash, shaking off excess, and then roll in cracker crumbs.
- Preheat heavy bottom skillet to medium-high heat and cover bottom with canola oil. Sauté fish until cooked through and golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked done depending on thickness of filet. Transfer to paper towel-lined platter; keep warm.
- Remove canola oil from skillet and wipe out with paper towels; return pan to heat.
- Place the 1/2 cup butter in the hot skillet, add garlic and cook just 1 minute but do not brown. Pour garlic butter evenly over each walleye fillet. Serve with tartar sauce and fresh lemon on the side, if desired.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.