For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Garlic Butter Walleye
Rate this Recipe
|2 lb. walleye fillets|
|Garlic salt, to taste|
|2 cups flour|
|2 eggs whisked with 2 tablespoons milk, for egg wash|
|2 cups Townhouse or Ritz crackers, crushed into crumbs|
|Canola oil, for frying|
|1/2 cup butter|
|4 teaspoons minced garlic|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Season fish lightly with garlic salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Whisk together eggs and milk in shallow bowl. Put cracker crumbs on a plate.
- Dip the fish first in egg wash, shaking off excess, and then roll in cracker crumbs.
- Preheat heavy bottom skillet to medium-high heat and cover bottom with canola oil. Sauté fish until cooked through and golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked done depending on thickness of filet. Transfer to paper towel-lined platter; keep warm.
- Remove canola oil from skillet and wipe out with paper towels; return pan to heat.
- Place the 1/2 cup butter in the hot skillet, add garlic and cook just 1 minute but do not brown. Pour garlic butter evenly over each walleye fillet. Serve with tartar sauce and fresh lemon on the side, if desired.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.