For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pulled Beef Chili
Rate this Recipe
|3 lb arm roast|
|1/2 lb diced raw bacon|
|1 package chili seasoning|
|1 large sweet yellow onion, diced|
|1 large green pepper, diced|
|1 large red bell pepper, diced|
|4 cloves large garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1 finely chopped jalapeno or Serrano peppers, optional, if you like it spicy|
|2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies|
|4 cups beef stock, divided|
|1 teaspoon instant coffee or 1/2 cup brewed|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|1 tablespoon ground chili powder, mild or hot, your choice|
|1 can black beans|
|1 can chili beans|
|1 can kidney beans|
|1 can corn, drained|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Preheat crock pot on high and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Pour 1 cup beef stock in the bottom and cover.
- Rub roast all over with olive oil and season evenly with salt and pepper and chili seasoning. Preheat large skillet on medium high heat and cook bacon until crisp; remove to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Brown roast in bacon fat on all sides. Place roast in crock pot. Using the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan and heat on medium high heat. Add all diced peppers, oregano, onions, and garlic and sauté until lightly browned. Pour in canned tomatoes, remaining beef stock, reserved cooked bacon, any remaining chili seasoning from the packet, cumin, chili powder, and instant coffee. Bring to a boil and pour over roast in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until beef shreds easily. Using two forks, pull beef into shreds, discarding any visible fat.
- Add all cans of beans and corn and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook an additional hour on high, covered. Serve in large bowls topped with shredded cheese, corn chips, scallions, and sour cream.
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.