For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Crock Pot Corned Beef
Rate this Recipe
|1 can beer or non-alcoholic beer|
|1 cup water|
|2 teaspoons mustard powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|1 teaspoon pepper|
- Mix the beer, water, mustard powder, garlic powder, salt, sugar and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Place the raw brisket in the bottom of the crock pot and pour the mixture over the top. Place lid on crock pot and slow cook for up to 6 hours on low.
- For a traditional meal, after 4 hours of cooking, add the following and cook until tender or for up to 2 hours. Add: 2 cups baby carrots, 1 head of cabbage, cleaned and quartered, 2 medium sweet onions, cleaned and quartered, 10 small B-red potatoes, cleaned and quartered.
|4 lb Cooked Corned Beef|
|1 loaf Fresh Bakery Pumpernickel or Marble Rye Bread|
|1/2 lb Sliced Swiss Cheese|
|For Russian Dressing:|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 tablespoon ketchup|
|1 teaspoon grated onion|
|1/2 teaspoon horseradish, (double if you like it zippy!)|
|1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
- Chill the corned beef. Trim off excess fat. Slice thin across the grain of the meat.
- Butter either Fresh Bakery Pumpernickel or Taste of Scandinavia Marble Rye.
- Prepare Russian dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, ketchup, grated onion, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the first slice of bread, butter side down, in a cold skillet. Spread on one tablespoon of the dressing of your choice. Spread an even layer of sauerkraut. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on top. Place an even layer of the thinly sliced Corned beef over the top. Butter the second slice of bread. Spread another tablespoon of dressing on other side of the second slice. Place second slice of bread on sandwich, butter side up.
- Grill on medium heat until both sides are brown and crisped.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.