For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/2 cup chopped green onions|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 large egg|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon sesame oil|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon sugar|
|Sesame seeds, for topping|
|8 slices English muffin toasting bread|
|Vegetable oil, for frying|
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Dice shrimp into small pieces; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together green onions, water, egg, cornstarch, flour, salt, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and sugar. Stir in diced shrimp.
- Cut each slice of bread into quarters. Place about 1 tablespoon of shrimp batter on top of each bread square; sprinkle tops with sesame seeds.
- Preheat about a half-inch of vegetable oil in heavy bottomed skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Frying in batches, place about 6 toasts, shrimp side up, in pan and fry until deep golden brown around the edges, turn over, and fry another 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with sweet and sour sauce on the side.
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.