For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/2 cup chopped green onions|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 large egg|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon sesame oil|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon sugar|
|Sesame seeds, for topping|
|8 slices English muffin toasting bread|
|Vegetable oil, for frying|
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Dice shrimp into small pieces; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together green onions, water, egg, cornstarch, flour, salt, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and sugar. Stir in diced shrimp.
- Cut each slice of bread into quarters. Place about 1 tablespoon of shrimp batter on top of each bread square; sprinkle tops with sesame seeds.
- Preheat about a half-inch of vegetable oil in heavy bottomed skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Frying in batches, place about 6 toasts, shrimp side up, in pan and fry until deep golden brown around the edges, turn over, and fry another 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with sweet and sour sauce on the side.
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.