For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/2 cup chopped green onions|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 large egg|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon sesame oil|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon sugar|
|Sesame seeds, for topping|
|8 slices English muffin toasting bread|
|Vegetable oil, for frying|
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Dice shrimp into small pieces; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together green onions, water, egg, cornstarch, flour, salt, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and sugar. Stir in diced shrimp.
- Cut each slice of bread into quarters. Place about 1 tablespoon of shrimp batter on top of each bread square; sprinkle tops with sesame seeds.
- Preheat about a half-inch of vegetable oil in heavy bottomed skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Frying in batches, place about 6 toasts, shrimp side up, in pan and fry until deep golden brown around the edges, turn over, and fry another 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with sweet and sour sauce on the side.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.