For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced into cutlets|
|1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest, finely minced, divided|
|1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup white wine or dry sherry|
|3 tablespoons lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons capers|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1 lemon, quartered, for garnish|
- In a shallow baking dish or a plate, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, and salt.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat for a minute, add the olive oil and the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté until the onion is slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside. Add the butter to the pan and let it heat until it turns foamy.
- Now dredge both sides of the chicken breast fillets in the flour/Parmesan/lemon zest mixture, shake off any excess flour and add them, one at a time, to the hot pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until they are nicely browned. Remove them from the pan and set aside on a plate, covered with foil, while you make the sauce.
- Add the broth, white wine or sherry, lemon juice and capers to the pan and scrape off any flavorful bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the onion-garlic mixture to the pan and heat it through, adding more butter if necessary.
- Return the chicken to the pan, bring the liquid to a boil, then lower it to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by about one-third. Add the chopped parsley and last tablespoon of lemon zest just at the end of the cooking.
- With a pair of tongs, remove the chicken breasts and plate them. Adjust the seasoning on the sauce with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Sauce generously, top each portion with a lemon slice and serve immediately.
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.