For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced into cutlets|
|1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest, finely minced, divided|
|1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup white wine or dry sherry|
|3 tablespoons lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons capers|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1 lemon, quartered, for garnish|
- In a shallow baking dish or a plate, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, and salt.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat for a minute, add the olive oil and the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté until the onion is slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside. Add the butter to the pan and let it heat until it turns foamy.
- Now dredge both sides of the chicken breast fillets in the flour/Parmesan/lemon zest mixture, shake off any excess flour and add them, one at a time, to the hot pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until they are nicely browned. Remove them from the pan and set aside on a plate, covered with foil, while you make the sauce.
- Add the broth, white wine or sherry, lemon juice and capers to the pan and scrape off any flavorful bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the onion-garlic mixture to the pan and heat it through, adding more butter if necessary.
- Return the chicken to the pan, bring the liquid to a boil, then lower it to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by about one-third. Add the chopped parsley and last tablespoon of lemon zest just at the end of the cooking.
- With a pair of tongs, remove the chicken breasts and plate them. Adjust the seasoning on the sauce with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Sauce generously, top each portion with a lemon slice and serve immediately.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.