For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Grilled Steak Taco Salad
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak|
|1 tablespoon Southwestern or Fajita Seasoning|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|Tortilla chips or strips, for garnish|
|1 lb grape tomatoes, halved|
|1 large red onion, finely chopped|
|1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)|
|1 cup grated cheddar cheese|
|1 can diced green chilies, (4 oz.)drained|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1 can black beans, (14 1/2 oz.)drained|
|4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce|
|1 cup prepared salsa|
|3/4 cup ranch or western dressing|
|4 tortilla salad shells, optional|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Rub steak with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle evenly with Southwest seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes while you prep the veggies for the salad. Slice tomatoes, dice onion and jalapeno, if using; set aside.
- Heat the grill to high. Cook steak until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside to rest, covered, about 5 minutes.
- While steak is cooking, cut avocados in half; remove pit. Remove pulp by sliding a tablespoon between it and skin to loosen. Dice into medium pieces; drizzle with lime juice and toss with drained green chilies; Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat the black beans in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Slice steak thinly against the grain; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce, beans, and steak in tortilla bowl shells or dishes. Top each with onions, tomatoes, diced avocado, cheddar cheese. Serve at the table with salsa, dressing, and chips.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.