For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cuban Pork Roast and Cubano Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
|6 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast|
|4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tablespoons kosher salt|
|4 teaspoons ground cumin|
|4 teaspoons dried oregano|
|2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1 1/2 cups orange juice|
|1 medium onion, sliced|
|1 cup low sodium chicken broth|
|2 bay leaves|
- Combine all ingredients except pork and mix well. Place pork roast in a roasting pan fat-side up and pour mixture over the top of the roast. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unwrap and place in roasting pan in a 300 degrees F oven for 6 to 7 hours or to an internal temperature of 190 to 195 degrees F, baste with liquid frequently.
- Let roast rest for 15 minutes in braising liquid before you begin slicing or pulling the roast pork.
|2 loaves Ciabatta Bread, split in half|
|1 lb. thin sliced deli ham|
|1/2 cup Dijon Mustard|
|16 slices Swiss Cheese|
|1 1/2 cups bread and butter pickles|
- Spread Dijon mustard on the bottom of the Ciabatta loaf and layer the sandwich with; cheese, pickles, ham, pork then cheese and mustard again. Season with salt and pepper in between the ham and pork layers. For extra flavor you can drizzle the braising juices from the pork roast lightly over the pork on the sandwich.
- After assembly either grill the sandwich in a grill pan on the stove-top lightly oiled with Olive Oil or place assembled sandwich in aluminum foil, sealed and bake in a 325 degree F oven until cheese is melted. Approximately 10 minutes if roast is still warm. Approximately 15 to 18 minutes if roast is cold. Watch closely!
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.