For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tickler Bacon Burger
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb ground Beef 85% lean|
|4 slices Festival Foods Smokehouse Bacon|
|4 Hamburger buns|
|1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour|
|1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt|
|2 cups Whole Milk|
|7 oz Tickler English Cheddar Cheese, (in the Deli) or similar, shredded|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- The Cheese Sauce can be made the day before, chilled and then reheated and served. In a large heavy saucepan over moderate heat, melt the butter. Reduce the heat to low, add the flour and sea salt, and whisk until both are incorporated and the mixture turns golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat to moderate and add the milk, whisking constantly, until a smooth sauce forms (the sauce should be thick and glossy, but still runny), about 5 minutes. (If the sauce is too thick, gradually whisk in additional milk until the desired consistency is achieved.) Add the shredded cheese and whisk until melted, about 1 minute.
- Cook bacon until slightly crisp and dry on paper towels.
- Preheat grill to medium-high temperature. Season ground beef with salt and pepper and form four patties. Grill the burgers, turning once, cooking to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Butter and toast the hamburger buns.
- Assemble the cooked burger on the toasted hamburger bun and top with bacon. Add warm cheese sauce. Top and serve!
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.