For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Jerk Chicken Wings
Rate this Recipe
|1 bunch Green Onions|
|1/2 package Fresh Thyme, (remove leaves from stem)|
|1 Serrano Chili, stems removed|
|1 medium White Onion|
|2 cloves Garlic|
|1 teaspoon ground Allspice|
|1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon|
|1/4 cup Dark Soy Sauce|
|2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil|
|1/4 cup white Vinegar|
|1/4 cup Orange Juice|
|3 lb. Chicken Wings, Fresh or Frozen (If using frozen wings thaw before preparing)|
|1/2 teaspoon Salt|
|1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper|
- For the marinade: Rough chop the green onions, Serrano chili, white onion, and garlic. Remove leaves from the stems of fresh thyme. Place in bowl of food processor. Add the Allspice, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, soy sauce, oil, vinegar and orange juice. Process until smooth.
- Preparing the wings for baking: Rinse wings with cool water and pat dry, place in a roasting pan (or disposable aluminum pan). Season the wings with salt and pepper and add approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of the marinade, use tongs to toss wings so all wings are completely coated.
- You don't want to have too much marinade or wings will not crisp up.
- Marinate the wings for at least 30 minutes, toss again to re-coat and bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Turn wings and place back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Wings should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees or up to 180 degrees for doneness to the bone.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining any unused marinade that was not poured over the chicken. This will last for one week.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.