For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Noodle Soup
Rate this Recipe
|1 Whole Chicken|
|6 tablespoons Better Than Boullion Chicken Base, (May adjust to less or add more to your taste)|
|1 Medium Onion, Chopped|
|2 cups Celery, Chopped|
|2 cups Carrots, Chopped (Baby Carrots Work Too!)|
|1 package Reames Egg Noodles Frozen, (Add 1 more bag if you like heartier soup with a lot of noodles)|
- Boil Whole Chicken in approximately 2 1/2 quarts of water in large soup pot.
- While chicken is boiling, clean and prepare onion, celery and carrots.
- Once chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F or more, it is done, remove and debone. Cut chicken into preferred size pieces.(Save the broth from cooking!)
- Strain the chicken broth and return to pan. Add more water if needed to have 2 1/2 quarts for soup. Add chicken and chicken base. Stir well.
- Warm the prepared vegetables in a saute pan lightly to just turn the vegetables from being crisp. You can warm with a small amount of butter. Once done, add to chicken stock and chicken.
- Simmer mixture until vegetables are tender, approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add frozen egg noodles and continue to simmer for 30 to 40 more minutes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste as the soup cooks.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.