For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken and Apple Skillet
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
|4 slices bacon, diced|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use, plus more for rubbing on chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons butter, divided use|
|1 medium sweet onion, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced|
|2 Honey Crisp Apples, thinly sliced|
|2 teaspoons dried Tarragon, divided use|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic salt|
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
|1 cup apple cider|
|1/2 cup chicken broth, plus 1 tablespoon|
|1 tablespoon cider vinegar|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Preheat large skillet or sauté pan over medium high heat. Add diced bacon to pan and cook until crisp; drain on paper towels; set aside; reserving drippings in pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to hot pan. Cook onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, and garlic salt for about 4 minutes. Add sliced apples and cook another 4 minutes until tender but still crisp. Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Rub chicken breasts all over with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon dried Tarragon. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to skillet; cook chicken, turning once, for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Pour in apple cider, 1/2 cup chicken broth, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, and cider vinegar in skillet along with the chicken. Cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to platter; keep warm.
- Mix 1 tablespoon chicken broth with 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, stir into skillet juices and cook over high heat, scraping up any browned bits, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add reserved cooked bacon to sauce. Return apple mixture to pan and heat through, season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce and apples over cooked chicken. Serve with buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
©2017 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.