For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken and Apple Skillet
Rate this Recipe
|4 slices bacon, diced|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use, plus more for rubbing on chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons butter, divided use|
|1 medium sweet onion, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced|
|2 Honey Crisp Apples, thinly sliced|
|2 teaspoons dried Tarragon, divided use|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic salt|
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
|1 cup apple cider|
|1/2 cup chicken broth, plus 1 tablespoon|
|1 tablespoon cider vinegar|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Preheat large skillet or sauté pan over medium high heat. Add diced bacon to pan and cook until crisp; drain on paper towels; set aside; reserving drippings in pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to hot pan. Cook onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, and garlic salt for about 4 minutes. Add sliced apples and cook another 4 minutes until tender but still crisp. Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Rub chicken breasts all over with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon dried Tarragon. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to skillet; cook chicken, turning once, for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Pour in apple cider, 1/2 cup chicken broth, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, and cider vinegar in skillet along with the chicken. Cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to platter; keep warm.
- Mix 1 tablespoon chicken broth with 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, stir into skillet juices and cook over high heat, scraping up any browned bits, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add reserved cooked bacon to sauce. Return apple mixture to pan and heat through, season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce and apples over cooked chicken. Your Choice! Serve with buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2018 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.