For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Herb Roasted Whole Turkey
Rate this Recipe
|12 lbs Turkey, thawed|
|1 Stick Butter|
|1/4 Cup Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp Basil|
|1 Tbsp Parsley|
|1 Tbsp Rosemary|
|Zest of 1 Lemon, plus 0.5 of the lemon|
|1/2 Yellow Onion|
|2 Celery Stalks, chopped into long strips|
|2 Garlic Cloves, sliced in half|
|Salt and Pepper|
- Remove turkey from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Bring one stick of butter to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, olive oil, herbs, and lemon zest.
- Place a small amount of salt in a bowl and a small amount of pepper in a separate bowl.
- Add the 1/2 lemon, onion, celery, and garlic to another bowl.
- Remove anything inside the turkey then rinse with cold water. Place the turkey on a roasting pan and pat dry with a towel. Make sure the whole turkey is dry, inside and out.
- Start rubbing the butter mixture over the entire turkey, both top and bottom, and in each crease.
- Sprinkle the entire turkey with salt and pepper.
- Place the lemon, onion, celery, and garlic in the cavity.
- Bake the turkey at 450 for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and add a tinfoil tent to the turkey.
- Reduce the oven temp to 350 and put the turkey back in the oven. Bake for another 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let sit, with the foil tent still on, for about 30 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.