For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Herb Roasted Whole Turkey
Rate this Recipe
|12 lbs Turkey, thawed|
|1 Stick Butter|
|1/4 Cup Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp Basil|
|1 Tbsp Parsley|
|1 Tbsp Rosemary|
|Zest of 1 Lemon, plus 0.5 of the lemon|
|1/2 Yellow Onion|
|2 Celery Stalks, chopped into long strips|
|2 Garlic Cloves, sliced in half|
|Salt and Pepper|
- Remove turkey from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Bring one stick of butter to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, olive oil, herbs, and lemon zest.
- Place a small amount of salt in a bowl and a small amount of pepper in a separate bowl.
- Add the 1/2 lemon, onion, celery, and garlic to another bowl.
- Remove anything inside the turkey then rinse with cold water. Place the turkey on a roasting pan and pat dry with a towel. Make sure the whole turkey is dry, inside and out.
- Start rubbing the butter mixture over the entire turkey, both top and bottom, and in each crease.
- Sprinkle the entire turkey with salt and pepper.
- Place the lemon, onion, celery, and garlic in the cavity.
- Bake the turkey at 450 for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and add a tinfoil tent to the turkey.
- Reduce the oven temp to 350 and put the turkey back in the oven. Bake for another 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let sit, with the foil tent still on, for about 30 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.