For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cantaloupe and Avocado Salad
Rate this Recipe
A fruity and creamy side salad.
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/2 teaspoon coarse salt|
|3 lb melon, cantaloupe or MAG, quartered and seeded|
|1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled|
|1/2 red onion, peeled, sliced thinly|
- To make dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and salt; set aside.
- Cut each cantaloupe quarter in half lengthwise. Peel and discard skins. Slice each wedge lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cut each avocado half again lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place cantaloupe, avocado and sliced red onion into the bowl with dressing; gently toss to coat.
- Divide among four plates and serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2018 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.