For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Roasted Pork Butt
Rate this Recipe
The perfect roast for the beginning of Fall.
|4 lb pork shoulder butt roast|
|1 bulb garlic, broken into cloves|
|1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce|
|3/4 cup light brown sugar|
|1 1/4 cups apple juice|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Create small slits throughout the pork roast then insert a garlic clove into each slit.
- Place the roast in a casserole dish with a lid. Sprinkle the roast on all sides with Worcestershire sauce. Let sit for 2 hours.
- After two hours, spoon any Worcestershire sauce back on the roast that has accumulated on the bottom of the casserole.
- Press the brown sugar well into the meat on all sides.
- Pour the apple juice into the bottom of the casserole and place lid on top.
- Place the roast in the oven and reduce the oven temperature down to 200 degrees F.
- Roast for about 4 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender
- Season roast with salt and black pepper. Slice meat to serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.