For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1/4 Cup Olive Oil|
|1 1/2 Tbsp Garlic, minced|
|8 Roma Tomatoes, diced|
|1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, plus more for topping|
|1 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper|
|1/4 Cup Basil, chopped|
|1 Loaf French Bread, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices|
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. You want the garlic to start to turn a golden color, but you don’t want the garlic to turn brown. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Slice the bread. Place the bread on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for about 1 minute, to create a slight golden-brown crust. Flip, and broil for another minute. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes and basil.
- Add the tomatoes and olive oil/garlic mixture to a mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add the parmesan, basil. Balsamic, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spool the tomato mixture on top of each slice of bread (if the tomatoes are too juicy, you can pour the mixture into a strainer first). Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Store any leftover bruschetta in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
|Course:||Appetizer, Appetizers, Side, Side Dish, Snack|
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.