For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegetable Ramen (Vegan)
Rate this Recipe
|1/2 Cup Carrots, shredded or grated|
|1 Heaping Tbsp Garlic, minced|
|1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, minced|
|1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar|
|2 Tbsp Tamari|
|1 Tbsp White Miso or Tahini|
|1 Tbsp Maple Syrup|
|1 Cup Vegetable Broth|
|4 Cups Water, or substitute broth|
|1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/4 Tsp Black Pepper|
|1 Cup Edamame|
|4 Green Onions, sliced|
|1 Cup Snow Peas|
|10 oz Package Chinese Noodles|
|Sriracha, for topping, optional|
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the Chinese Noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the carrots and sauté for 4-5 minutes. You can use oil to sauté the carrots otherwise add a splash of vegetable broth.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth ingredients: rice wine vinegar, tamari, white miso or tahini, maple syrup, vegetable broth, water, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the edamame (pre-cooked if frozen), sliced green onion, and snow peas. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Spoon the noodles into bowl and ladle the hot soup on top. Add additional sesame seeds and sliced green onion on top. If you like spice, add 1-2 Tsp Sriracha and mix to combine into the soup.
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.