For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rhubarb Meringue Dessert
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups all purpose flour|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|1 cup cold butter or margarine|
|Meringue (see below)|
|Filling (see below)|
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar, cut in butter until crumbly, press into greased 13x19.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min. Cool while preparing filling.
- In a bowl combine sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg yolks and cream. Add rhubarb pour over crust. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Beat in sugar a tablespoon at a time until cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form, gradually beat in sugar a tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla. Spread over hot filling. Bake 12-15 min until golden brown.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers
|2 cups sugar|
|1/3 cup all purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|6 egg yolks, beaten|
|1 cup whipping cream|
|5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed|
|6 egg whites|
|1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla|
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.