Crumbly Apple-Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
A sweet breakfast treat that’s sure to please the taste buds.
|2 eggs, (lightly beaten) |
|1/4 cup vegetable oil |
|1 teaspoon baking soda |
|1/4 cup apple sauce |
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon |
|2 cups apples, (Golden Delicious variety, peeled, chopped) |
|1 stick butter, (salted) |
|1/2 teaspoon salt |
|2 1/2 cups sugar |
|1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice |
|2 3/4 cups flour |
|1 cup pumpkin puree, (unsweetened) |
| Cooking spray |
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small chunks, add to cinnamon-sugar mixture and stir until crumbly.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine baking soda, sugar, salt, flour and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a third mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, eggs, pumpkin puree and applesauce.
- Add pumpkin spice mixture into pumpkin puree mixture. Blend together until moist. Slowly add in apple during mixing.
- Pour batter into muffin tin. Top with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.