For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|2/3 cup Beer (American-Style Pale Ale or your favorite ale)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 cups flaked coconut|
|24 raw deveined shrimp, (16-20 count or your preferred size of shrimp) peel before prepping, leaving only the tail on.|
|3 cups cooking oil, for frying|
- In medium bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup flour, beer and baking powder.
- Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
- Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees F in a deep-fryer. You may also fry the shrimp in batches. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or the recipe below.
- For a prepared dipping sauce, try the Rothschild Roasted Habanero Pineapple Dip from the Deli!
|1/2 cup orange marmalade|
|1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a stove-top pot on a low temperature. Heat for 10 minutes, making sure you stir ingredients every few minutes. Re-heat just before serving.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.