For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bacon Jam Burger
Rate this Recipe
|6 burger patties|
|6 hamburger buns|
|6 slices Cambozola or Amablu cheese|
|fresh arugula, for garnish|
|Bacon Jam (recipe below)|
- Prepare Bacon Jam using the recipe below (Bacon Jam can be made ahead of time and refrigerated).
- Grill your burger just the way you like it. If possible, lightly toast the buns.
- Place burger on bun; top with cheese and Arugula. Then top with a delicious portion of Bacon Jam.
- Serve and enjoy.
|1 lb. Our Own Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 large yellow onion, chopped|
|1/3 cup brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup bourbon whiskey|
|1/2 cup brewed coffee|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/3 cup pure maple syrup|
|1/4 cup Sriracha Sauce|
- Cook and stir bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon is lightly browned; drain grease, retaining 1/4 of the drippings.
- Stir onions into bacon and drippings; cook and stir until soft and somewhat translucent. Stir in brown sugar; cook until onions are sticky and browned, about 5 more minutes. Mix in garlic, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Mix in bourbon whiskey, coffee, red wine vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until the bacon jam is thickened not runny, stir occasionally to prevent burning, about 20 minutes. Mix in Sriracha sauce and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool, put in a food processor and pulse until slightly chunky, spreadable consistency. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.