For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 to 2 inch slices|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|2 1/4 cups Peanut Oil, (for frying)|
|2 tablespoons light soy sauce|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|5 1/2 tablespoons sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 bunch julienned scallion|
|3 tablespoons julienned ginger|
|1 Red Fresno pepper, julienned|
|3 thin orange slices, peeled and cut into quarters|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water|
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, flour, salt, and pepper. Prepare another bowl with beaten eggs.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in cornstarch mixture. Let set for 10 minutes and repeat dip and dredge, set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the orange sauce by combining the light soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, and salt.
- Heat wok or skillet with 2 Cups peanut oil to 375 degrees F, fry chicken in batches until completely cooked and hold in a 300 degree F oven on a baking sheet.
- Heat a skillet or saucepan until hot and add the remaining 1/4 cup peanut oil. When hot, add the scallion, ginger and red pepper. Cook, stirring rapidly, for about 15 seconds just to coat with oil. Add the orange slices and cook another 10 seconds. Add the orange sauce along with the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a separate bowl and add to the sauce and peppers. Allow to boil, thicken and clear, then turn off the heat.
- Add the chicken to the orange sauce mixture and toss briefly to coat. Serve with rice.
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.