For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 to 2 inch slices|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|2 1/4 cups Peanut Oil, (for frying)|
|2 tablespoons light soy sauce|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|5 1/2 tablespoons sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 bunch julienned scallion|
|3 tablespoons julienned ginger|
|1 Red Fresno pepper, julienned|
|3 thin orange slices, peeled and cut into quarters|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water|
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, flour, salt, and pepper. Prepare another bowl with beaten eggs.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in cornstarch mixture. Let set for 10 minutes and repeat dip and dredge, set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the orange sauce by combining the light soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, and salt.
- Heat wok or skillet with 2 Cups peanut oil to 375 degrees F, fry chicken in batches until completely cooked and hold in a 300 degree F oven on a baking sheet.
- Heat a skillet or saucepan until hot and add the remaining 1/4 cup peanut oil. When hot, add the scallion, ginger and red pepper. Cook, stirring rapidly, for about 15 seconds just to coat with oil. Add the orange slices and cook another 10 seconds. Add the orange sauce along with the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a separate bowl and add to the sauce and peppers. Allow to boil, thicken and clear, then turn off the heat.
- Add the chicken to the orange sauce mixture and toss briefly to coat. Serve with rice.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.