For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 Tsp Sugar|
|1 1/4 Cups Warm Water|
|1 Package Active Dry Yeast|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 1/2 Tsp Salt|
|3 Cups Flour|
|1 Cup Ricotta Cheese|
|2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella|
|1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 Tbsp Parsley, finely chopped|
|1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning|
|Marinara Sauce, for dipping|
- Add the sugar and warm water to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix to dissolve the sugar. Add the yeast and let sit for about 5 minutes, it will form a creamy foam.
- Add the oil, salt, and 2 cups of flour, and mix on low to combine until a wet dough is formed. Slowly add the last cup of flour and continue to mix until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Knead for about 3-5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. Add the dough and roll around to coat. Top the bowl with a towel and place in a warm spot to rise (until about doubled in size).
- Combine the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, parsley and Italian seasoning. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough into a long, flat strip. Dough should be thin and mostly rectangular, about 6-9 inches wide and 24 inches long.
- Spoon the filling mixture down the center of the dough. Add toppings of your choice – pepperoni, Canadian bacon, olives, etc.
- Pull the edges of the dough together and pinch to close the seam and seal the ingredients inside. Place the dough on the baking sheet, seam side down. Form into an “S” shape.
- Beat the egg with 1 Tbsp water. Brush over the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with marinara sauce.
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.