For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pineapple Fried Rice
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/2 Cups Basmati Rice, uncooked|
|1 White Onion, chopped|
|4 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|1 Cup Matchstick Carrots|
|1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped|
|1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce|
|1 Tbsp Curry Powder|
|1 Can Pineapple Tidbits, drained|
|1 Bunch Green Onions, chopped|
|1 Cup Cashews or Peanuts|
|Salt, to taste|
|Black Pepper, to taste|
|1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes|
|Olive Oil or Avocado Oil|
|Fresh Cilantro, chopped, optional|
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper, and green onions. Mince the garlic.
- In a pot or large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic, carrots, and bell pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the carrots and bell pepper are tender.
- Add the cooked rice and stir to combine. Add the salt, pepper, soy sauce, and curry powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the pineapple, green onions, cashews/peanuts, and red pepper flakes, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Serve with fresh cilantro on top. You can also top with additional cashews/peanuts if desired.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.