For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|2/3 cup Beer (American-Style Pale Ale or your favorite ale)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 cups flaked coconut|
|24 raw deveined shrimp, (16-20 count or your preferred size of shrimp) peel before prepping, leaving only the tail on.|
|3 cups cooking oil, for frying|
- In medium bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup flour, beer and baking powder.
- Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
- Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees F in a deep-fryer. You may also fry the shrimp in batches. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or the recipe below.
- For a prepared dipping sauce, try the Rothschild Roasted Habanero Pineapple Dip from the Deli!
|1/2 cup orange marmalade|
|1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a stove-top pot on a low temperature. Heat for 10 minutes, making sure you stir ingredients every few minutes. Re-heat just before serving.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.