For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|3/4 lb. Deli Thin Sliced Corned Beef or Thin Sliced Fresh Cooked Corned Beef|
|1 package Frozen Alexia Hashbrowns, (16 oz.)|
|3/4 cup Sauerkraut - well drained|
|1/4 cup Sour Cream|
|1/4 lb. Deli Thin Sliced Swiss Cheese|
|2 tablespoons Russian or Thousand Island Dressing|
|Butter, for preparing the Hashbrowns|
|Olive Oil, for preparing the Hashbrowns|
- First you will want to prepare the hashbrowns in two batches for both sides of the latke. Cook them following the directions on the back of the package in a skillet until slightly crisp as they will crisp up more later in the oven. For this recipe, you want to cook them on one side and then flip only once to cook the other side. Flip them as one piece or in sections, whichever you are most comfortable with. An easy way to flip whole is to place a plate upside down that fits entire pan or use the fry pan lid. Flip onto plate or lid and then slide the uncooked side back into the pan. Once the first half is done, slide onto a baking sheet. Then proceed to cook other half of hashbrowns.
- While the hashbrowns are cooking, mix sauerkraut and sour cream together.
- When the first half of hashbrowns are cooked and on the cookie sheet, top with the thin sliced corned beef. Spread the sauerkraut and sour cream mixture over the top. Then spread on the dressing of your choice and top with thin sliced Swiss cheese.
- Once the second set of hashbrowns are cooked, slide them on top the other half of the prepared and topped hashbrowns on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the oven at 325 degrees F until it is warmed through and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy! Serve with more dressing on the side if you prefer.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.