For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow-Cooker Chuck Roast Tacos
Rate this Recipe
When it comes to flavorful beef, the chuck roast is hard to beat.
|1/2 green bell pepper|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|2 lbs chuck roast, cut into cubes|
|1 white onion, finely diced|
|2 cups beef broth|
|8 oz tomato sauce|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|6 oz tomato paste|
|6 corn tortillas, soft or crunchy, warmed|
|Shredded cheese, for topping|
- Sprinkle beef evenly with salt.
- Cook beef in batches in a Dutch oven with oil. Cook 5-7 minutes, until thoroughly browned. Remove beef and place in warming container. Do not drain Dutch oven.
- After all beef is cooked, add chili powder to Dutch oven, cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomato paste and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in beef broth and beef, stir all ingredients together.
- Pour Dutch oven ingredients into a slow cooker. Add onion bell pepper, tomato sauce, pepper and cumin to slow comer. Cook on high for 4 hours. Reduce heat to low, cook for 6 hours.
- Serve with warm tortillas. Add cheese and other toppings if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
©2018 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.