For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Shrimp Po' Boy Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 sandwiches
|3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4 cup ketchup|
|1/4 teaspoon hot sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon chili powder|
|2 submarine rolls, split|
|2 cups torn leaf lettuce|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion|
- Prepare broiler and line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine shrimp and oil; toss well.
- Place half of the shrimp into the breadcrumb mixture, tossing well to coat. Set shrimp in a single layer on the foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat process until all of the shrimp are on the baking sheet. Broil shrimp until done, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, hot sauce, Worcestershire, juice, and chili powder.
- To assemble po boys, evenly divide spicy ketchup onto cut sides of each roll half. Evenly divide lettuce over bottom halves of each roll then top lettuce with onion. Evenly divide shrimp onto each roll half; top with remaining roll half. Cut sandwiches in half before serving.
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.