For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Preparing King Crab legs
Rate this Recipe
|Frozen King Crab legs|
- First, prior to cooking or preparing king crab legs, you should allow for the crab to thaw in your refrigerator overnight. The majority of cooking processes only require a re-heat time of 5-10 minutes because king crab has already been cooked by the commercial processor. King crab should be added to stews and soups around the last 5 minutes of the cooking process.
- Steaming: When steaming pre-cooked Alaskan king crab legs, simply place 2 Cups of water and 1 Tbsp. salt in a pot and bring it to a boil. Place the crab legs in the pot on a rack over the boiling water. When the water starts to boil again, cover with a lid and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Baked: To bake crab legs, preheat an oven to 350°F. Place the crab legs in a shallow baking pan in single layers. Place hot water in the pan about 1/8 of an inch deep. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Boiled: Simply fill a large saucepan half full of cold water and bring to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp. salt and the seasoning of your choice, if any. When the water begins to boil add the crab legs and reduce the heat to medium. Allow them to simmer for about 6 minutes. Take the crab legs out of the water, rinse and they are ready to eat.
- Grilled: To grill crab legs you need to brush olive oil on all sides of the crab legs to prevent them from sticking. Then place the crab legs on a hot grill of 300 degrees F for about 5 minutes, turn over and cook for another 5 minutes until they are heated all the way through. Remove from the grill and serve with butter or sauce.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.