For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiling Lobster Tails
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 lobster tail
|1 lobster tail per person|
|3 tablespoons lemon juice|
|3 tablespoons clarified butter|
|1/8 teaspoon paprika|
|1/8 teaspoon white pepper|
|1/8 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/8 teaspoon sea salt|
- Defrost frozen lobster tail in refrigerator overnight if possible for tenderest meat or soak in pan of cold water for 20-40 minutes, depending tail size and thickness. Make sure lobster tails are thawed completely before cooking for best results.
- To prep the lobster tail for baking or broiling: Get a pair of kitchen shears and grab the lobster tail in your hand. Begin cutting down one side of the lobster tail as close to the side as you can. Repeat the cut down the other side of the lobster tail.
- Cut the shell across the middle at the base of the tail. Grab the top of the shell and peel back. Take a knife and cut around the lobster meat so when it's finished cooking, it's easy to remove.
- Par-boil the lobster tails for 2 -4 minutes in a large kettle of salted water before broiling. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F at broiled setting and adjust oven rack so it is about 6 inches from broiler. Place prepared lobster tails on rimmed baking sheet with about 1/4 inch of water in the bottom.
- Prepare lobster marinade of 3 Tablespoons each of lemon juice and clarified butter, with a pinch of paprika, white pepper, garlic powder and sea salt. Drizzle lobster marinade over lobster.
- Broil for about 3 or more minutes, or until lobster meat is opaque in color and golden brown on top. (Cooking times will vary depending on lobster tail size and thickness so check often.)
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.