For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 tablespoons Olive Oil|
|3 cloves Garlic, minced|
|1 whole Large Onion, diced|
|2 lb Italian Sausage|
|1 can Whole Tomatoes, (28 oz.)with Juice|
|2 cans Tomato Sauce or Marinara Sauce, (14.5 oz.)|
|2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes|
|Fresh Minced Parsley|
|1 tub Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, (15 oz.)|
|1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1 whole Egg|
|16 oz Ziti Or Mostaccioli, cooked until not quite Al Dente|
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and saute for several minutes, or until starting to soften. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned. Drain off fat, leaving a bit behind for flavor and moisture.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. After that time, remove 3 to 4 Cups of the sauce to a different bowl to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper. Stir together just a couple of times (do not mix completely).
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking and cool it down. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly combine (there should still be large lumps.) Add the cooled meat sauce and toss to combine.
- Add half the coated pasta to a large casserole dish or lasagna dish. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the top, then top with half the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with another layer of the coated pasta, the sauce, and the mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the pasta before serving.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.