For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|12 Large Scallops, about 3-4 per person|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Stick of Butter, divided but don't need to use the whole stick|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|1 Package Thick Cut Bacon, cut into thin strips|
|1 Shallot, finely diced|
|1 Clove Garlic, leave whole|
|4 Green Onions, chopped|
|2 Egg Yolks|
|1/2 Cup Heavy Cream|
|1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated|
|1 Package Linguine Pasta, or pasta of your choice|
- Pasta Directions
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta when ready and cook until done.
- In a small bowl mix together the heavy cream, egg yolks, and ¾ of the Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Add the shallots and green onion.
- Crush the garlic to open it up a bit. Add to the pan and heat while the shallots and green onions cook. Remove garlic from pan.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain and add to the pan with the bacon. Toss to combine.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and toss again. The pasta must be hot to cook the egg yolks and melt the cheese.
- Top each plate with cooked scallops, grated parmesan and black pepper.
- Scallops Directions
- Dry the scallops with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a larger frying pan. Make sure the pan is hot but the oil is not smoking.
- Add the scallops, leaving space in between each one. Only put about 3-4 scallops in a pan at a time.
- Sear each scallop for about 2-4 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Turn to sear the other side.
- Sear the second side for about 1-3 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Add 2 tbsp butter to the pan and spoon the melted butter over the scallops as they finish cooking.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm until all batches are cooked.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.