For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
The classic sandwich is now even easier!
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced|
|1 yellow onion, finely diced|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 cup ketchup|
|1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|2 tablespoons mustard|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|6 Kaiser rolls, toasted|
- Heat butter in a skillet that is set over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook for about 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Add ground beef to skillet; cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, cloves, mustard, and sugar. Cover skillet then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook ingredients, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes or until dark and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.