For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Pop Tarts
Rate this Recipe
|1 Pint Blueberries or Raspberries|
|1/2 Cup Baker's Sugar|
|2 Tbsp Cornstarch|
|3 Tbsp Water|
|1 Package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 Pie Crusts Total)|
|1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar|
|1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
- Rinse the berries and pat dry. Place the entire pint of berries in a small saucepan. Add ½ cup sugar, 2 Tbsp cornstarch, and 2 Tbsp water. Heat the saucepan over low heat and keep a constant simmer, stirring occasionally so the berries don’t stick to the bottom and burn. Cook for about 10 minutes. The berry mixture will thicken and create a nice sauce. Remove from the heat and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll one pie crust. Cut the crust into a rectangle and discard the extra dough. Cut the rectangle into 9 pieces, about 2x3 in size. Place the dough on the baking sheet, leaving room between each piece.
- Add a scoop of the berry mixture in the center of each piece of dough.
- Unroll the second pie crust. Cut the crust into a rectangle and discard the extra dough. Cut the rectangle into 9 pieces, about 2x3 in size. Place the dough on top of the fruit mixture to make a second layer.
- Use a fork to crimp the edges around each Pop Tart to seal in the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack and let cool slightly.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 Tbsp water. Spoon the frosting over the top, letting the warm Pop Tarts melt the frosting so it drips down the sides. Add a few sprinkles and enjoy!
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.