For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Rate this Recipe
|2 1/2 lbs Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced|
|1 White Onion, chopped|
|2 1/4 Cups Chicken Broth|
|4 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper|
|8 oz Cream Cheese|
|1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, plus more for topping|
|1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream|
|1/2 lb Bacon, cooked and crumbled|
|Green Onions, sliced, for topping|
|Sour Cream, for topping, optional|
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice into 1-2-inch pieces. Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Add the potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to the bowl of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Once done cooking, use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Continue to use the potato masher to mash and blend the ingredients. If you like a chunkier soup, only use the potato masher. If you want a smoother soup, use an immersion blender to remove the larger chunks.
- Serve warm. Top with additional shredded cheese, chopped bacon, sliced green onions, sour cream (optional), salt, and pepper. Enjoy!
- Let any leftover soup cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days to be enjoyed as leftovers.
|Course:||Dinner, Lunch, Soup|
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.