For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mexican Fried Ice Cream Cake
Rate this Recipe
|3 Cups Crushed Cornflakes, measured out after crushing|
|3/4 Cup Sugar|
|1 Stick Unsalted Butter|
|48 oz Vanilla Ice Cream|
|8 oz Cool Whip|
|1 Tsp Cinnamon|
|Honey, for drizzling|
|Chocolate Syrup, for topping, optional|
|Reddi-Wip, for topping, optional|
|Maraschino Cherries, for topping, optional|
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let soften on the counter for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the crushed cornflakes and sugar and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Press half of the cornflake mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add the ice cream, Cool Whip and cinnamon to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed until well combined. Alternately, you can use a mixing bowl and mix by hand.
- Pour the ice cream over the cornflake mixture in the 9x13 baking dish and gently spread to the sides.
- Sprinkle the remaining cornflake mixture over the top and spread in an even layer. Drizzle with honey all over the top.
- Place in the freezer for at least 5 hours to allow the ice cream to firm up.
- When ready to serve, slice into squares and serve immediately. Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup, a dollop of whipped cream, and a cherry. All toppings are optional. Enjoy!
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.