For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/2 lb. ground beef 85% lean|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1/3 cup Sriracha, plus 2 tablespoons|
|2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|4 slices Our Own Smokehouse bacon|
|1 large sweet onion, (Vidalia if in season)|
|1 tablespoon Olive Oil|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 cup blue cheese dressing|
|4 fresh baked burger buns|
|Butter, for buttering buns|
|4 slices Swiss cheese|
|1 large tomato, sliced|
|Arugula, for garnish|
- Combine the ground beef, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of the Sriracha, and the pepper in a large mixing bowl; Do not over mix.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties and set aside on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook the bacon. Our preferred method is oven-baked. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay the bacon on a sheet pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the bacon is deep golden-brown and slightly crispy. Exact baking time will depend on the thickness of the bacon. Once cooked, dry on paper towels and set aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, peel and slice the onion. Cook the sliced onion with a pinch of salt in the olive oil over medium-low heat until caramelized.
- Grill the burgers, turning once, until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees to 165 degrees F.
- While the burgers are cooking, combine the blue cheese dressing with the remaining 1/3 cup of Sriracha in a small bowl.
- Butter both sides of the buns and lightly toast the buns on the grill during the last minute of cooking time.
- To serve: Spread the Sriracha and blue cheese dressing sauce on both halves of each hamburger bun. Place a burger patty on the bun and top with Swiss cheese slice, bacon, caramelized onions, tomato slice, and a small bunch of arugula.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.