For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls (Vegan)
Rate this Recipe
|1 Large Head Cabbage, quartered and cored|
|1 Medium White Onion, chopped|
|2 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1 Red Bell Pepper, diced|
|2 15oz Cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 15oz Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained|
|2 Tbsp Tomato Paste, or Ketchup as a substitute|
|2 Tbsp Liquid Aminos|
|1 Tsp Dried Parsley|
|1 Tsp Dried Oregano|
|1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin|
|1/2 Tsp Paprika|
|1 1/2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice|
|2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast|
|2 Tbsp Lemon Juice|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
- Start cooking rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters, remove the core from each quarter, and slice into strips. Set aside.
- Chop the onion and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the pepper, black beans, tomatoes (with sauce from can), tomato paste, liquid aminos, parsley, oregano, cumin and paprika. Stir to combine. Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, stir, cover, and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until the cabbage is soft.
- Add the rice and stir to combine.
- Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir then remove from the heat.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.