For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Eyeball Asparagus and Gruyere Tart
Rate this Recipe
|2 Sheets Puff Pastry
|2 Cups Gruyere Cheese, shredded
|1 lb Asparagus, about 16 stalks
|1 Slice Provolone Cheese
|10 -12 Capers, more or less depending on how many eyes you want
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread out one thawed puff pastry on a baking sheet. Unfold the other puff pastry and cut off one section (1/3 of the pastry). Place the other section on the baking sheet, making sure to press the ends together with the other puff pastry to form one large sheet.
- Use a knife to score the pastry, about one inch from the sides, all the way around. Then use a fork to pierce the pastry every half inch.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with shredded gruyere cheese.
- Alternate asparagus back and forth across the tart. You might need to cut off part of the ends to fit the second row of asparagus.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- While baking, use the back of a piping tip or very small round cutter to cut out 10-12 round pieces of provolone cheese.
- Once the tart is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Then place the provolone cheese in various places on top of the tart. Add the capers to the center of the provolone to resemble eyeballs.
- Slice and serve.
©2024 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.